Orem Family Lawyers Help Protect Those You Value Most
Trustworthy counsel on legal matters that affect your loved ones
Family has always had enormous importance here in Utah. So, family crises are deeply felt, especially when they require you to seek a legal remedy. At times like this, you want an attorney you can trust for reliable advice and understanding. At Skabelund Wirig & Loos, we are experienced and knowledgeable family law attorneys who are also attentive and responsive to your needs. We listen sympathetically and give you candid advice about your legal options. Once you have made a fully informed decision about how you would like to proceed, we pursue your goals aggressively to deliver the best possible outcome.
Divorce, child custody and spousal support representation in Orem
Most family law issues concern divorce and the related matters that a couple must resolve when they dissolve their marriage. Our family law attorneys provide guidance and representation for:
- Divorce — There are different processes for getting a divorce. We help you choose the path that best suits your circumstances and your goals for life after divorce. Are you ready for a final divorce, or should you first try a legal separation? Should you get a quick, uncontested divorce, or are your differences, especially with regard to raising your children, important enough to go to trial over? Do you need protections, such as a restraining order and temporary support during the divorce? These are questions our knowledgeable attorneys help you answer.
- Child support — Utah has state child support guidelines, but judges have discretion to deviate from the guidelines. We work diligently to resolve this issue fairly, based on financial realities and your children’s needs.
- Child custody and visitation — Where should your children live, and who should have authority to make decisions for their upbringing, religious formation, education, health and welfare? In child custody disputes, we work to protect your parental rights and the best interests of your children.
- Alimony — One of the most important issues for your financial future is whether your divorce decree will order alimony or spousal support, and in what amount. We uncover pertinent facts to present to the court so you can get a fair determination based on your actual financial circumstances.
Even when you have serious disagreements with your spouse, it can still be possible to avoid a trial and reach a marital settlement agreement. Our divorce lawyers employ various methods, including divorce mediation, to save you time, expense and emotional turmoil.
Other family law issues in Orem, Utah
Divorce is not the entirety of family law. We also assist individuals and families with matters related to:
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Grandparents’ rights
- Name changes
- Paternity and legitimation
- Post-divorce modifications and enforcement
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Special needs planning
With any legal issue that affects your family, you can trust our Orem attorneys to work diligently toward a favorable outcome.
Contact our concerned family lawyers in Orem, UT
When a legal issue affects your home and loved ones, you want an attorney who is capable and concerned. At Skabelund Wirig & Loos, you get highly professional representation from lawyers who truly care about the outcome of your case. To speak with a knowledgeable and responsive attorney, call 801-788-4447 or contact our Orem office online to schedule a free consultation.